Pages

2.15.2009

"realizations"


I keep bottles of wine like some women keep love notes. I just realized this evening as I was washing dishes, just how significant the little vignette is that I have created behind my sink.
From left to right the memories are:
  • The bottle of wine Mike and I drank the first night he realized he loved me.
  • The bottle "the Captain" brought back from his parents' extensive wine cellar, that he, Jordan, and I drank the night I realized he needed to be out of my life forever.
  • The bottle of champagne "the Captain" and I drank the day that "Comb-over" ran away, and I fully realized just how dysfunctional our relationship was.
  • The bottle Mike and I drank after returning home from our first camping trip where I realized that my best friend had suddenly become so much more! And knew my life would never be the same.
  • The wine I drank throughout my relationship with JR, because it was "organic" and made me feel less of an alcoholic, in a house where my partner didn't drink, nor did he truly condone drinking in me...unless it was "organic". Like most everything else in our lives...Organics were of the utmost importance...regardless of their significance.
Who would've ever thought that a decorating scheme I stole from Mara would ever be so very telling of my own life's path?

No comments:

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter