Pages

10.29.2008

Last Night I Told a Stranger All About You....



"The Man" was a widower with two young children he was taking care of. I was some kind of criminal...a thief/bandit...not sure..he captured me, and was taking me, along with a wagon train, to the local city so he could turn me in and collect the reward money. (Sorta like the movie 3:10 to Yuma...one of the first movies we ever watched together) Along the way, he fell in love with me, and started to trust me, and so would give me a bit of freedom, but at every chance I got I would run...and he'd come after me, angry that he'd fallen for trusting me again....this went on two or three times, until I finally woke up, heart pounding, after being surrounded by a circle of muskets all pointed at me with very angry faces behind, and him standing there, unarmed, looking helpless and defeated.


The odd part of the whole thing was the realness of it all. I could feel the desperation and the burning in my legs as I'd run up hills. His two children, a boy and a girl, the boy whom he'd refer to as "My boy". We didn't look like each other, but I knew it was us.
I'd like to believe in soul mates. I'd like to believe in being tagged with one person as we travel through this universe changing energy and form. I never believed in reincarnation as a child, until now, as I feel I've experienced it with various spirits in my own life. This dream has my brain working overtime....
Ever since I was a little girl I've been in love with that time in our history. The time of covered wagons and little towns on the prairie. Have always wanted that lifestyle...where simplicity was the norm, and life was hard. Have always wanted to meet my strapping young Almanzo behind two proud Morgan horses. Does a blue mazda pickup truck count as today's equivalent?

No comments:

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter