Pages

9.12.2008

Matters of the Heart


Yes, ladies and gentlemen...that is THE tomato! The one that grew and grew and refused to turn from green. Well, it seemed overnight it went from hard and unripe to bright yellow and begging to be cooked up into something wonderful! (As one might notice, it is a bit over half the size of The Man's head!)
And so, we obliged. For the first time I scored and blanched and skinned and squeezed and pureed and simmered and created my very first pot of gen-u-ine sauce that started as a small seedling found at a farmer's market...to becoming one of the best pans of eggplant Parmesan this German gal's ever tasted! Not to mention the subsequent pizzas and pasta dishes that were to follow the next few days.
Oh yes, a girl could get used to this domestic sorta lifestyle...I think I'm gonna go make Banana bread! (disclaimer...no bananas we actually grown by aforementioned blogger)



No comments:

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter