Pages

4.16.2009

Flashbacks

I just spent the evening emailing with my very first (best) friend. My first sleep over. My first real life connection. The girl who taught me about sex. The one who taught me how to kiss. Apparently those connections don't go away just because you're adults. We haven't spoken in almost 20 years. But she will always be the most beautiful girl I've ever seen. And the one who convinced me it was a good idea to draw makeup on my corn silk cabbage patch kid in order to take her from child to teen. The one who dropped me when she hit high school, because I was still in middle school, and no longer cool enough. But the one that I always looked to for approval when ever I made any sort of social move, because she was, in my mind, the bee's knees....and making plans to meet up now, in our adulthood, while our mother's are still best friends just seems like history repeating...

No comments:

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter