Pages

1.18.2009

Oh to know then what I know now....

Today, roughly, marks the one year anniversary of this fantastic presence in my life! I say roughly because I know it was the Sunday of the last playoff game before the superbowl...and that is today!
In any case, it was the last playoff game Sunday, as usual there was a crowd in the basement of the mansion. I was running late, having had to stop off at the store and pick up all the food (which noone has STILL ever paid me back for btw...) Anyway, so I arrive late, to find Stewie sitting at the island with this really cute, crew cut guy! Before I get an intro (as per usual) the attention shifted to my loaded grocery bags, and the impending poker game. Cute crew cut guy, sorta stood off from the crowd with a quiet smile and a beer, deciding not to join in on the hoopla of the testosterone rapidly filling the room. He took a seat next to Stew, and I kept hearing him be referred to as Phelpsie. Everyone seemed to know him, but I had never seen him before...only knew the name as a familiar surname of our neighbors growing up. The chatter eventually subsided while the game got underway, this adorable "Phelpsie" not participating but ever watchful around the room. Finally, after enough courage inducing ingestion, I sat down next to this new guy and asked if he was in fact of the same family that had grown up mere footsteps from my own childhood home. He confirmed and was pretty shocked to meet a fellow Stanfordvillian, not to mention one SO close to home!
He soon after left for home, and I continued on my smitten ways, not knowing that the groundwork had just been laid for the following year of romance, adventure, laughter, drama, travels, tears, education, friendship...and so much more!
I Love Ya Squinty!!!!!!

No comments:

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter