Pages

1.16.2009

The One Where I Spit it All Out

I am a bad mom. After romping through town and memory lanes last night, I struggled into the house carrying my bag, keys and a blender (more about that later) all the while my hands were turning to pretty solid blocks of ice. After running HOT water over them for about 3 minutes to thaw, I set about to hunker down and eat me some cold spaghetti....when I hear this frantic scratching and crying near the front door.
What tha...?
I get up to find Hairy Mon, huddled in the now wide open front door looking at me desperately. Realizing in my haste to thaw my extremities, I must have not shut the door completely, so I scooched him back in, and shut the door, then it struck me. Nobody likes the adventure of an open door more than poor comb-over! So I bundled up, all set for a midnight search through the condos. Thankfully, whether from the cold or fear or Hairy Mon's watchful eye, he managed to only make it halfway down the stairs.
Thank G-!

Onto the blender. Mikey and I are juicing. Yup. Juicing. 15 pounds of carrots. That's how much it takes to keep merely ONE person in fresh juice every morning for 5 days. Mikey likes his with lemon, ginger and parsley. I prefer celery and apples. I am taking it a step further by adding the addition of my most favorite soy smoothies to the afternoon routine as well. Which requires a blender. Which I do not have. Yet. And so enter in our Stimulus Purchase from waaaay back in May...a few frozen bananas pinched from the freezer....and my newly gifted Honey from my Honey....and we're in business!

Now, poor Miss Emy has frozen pipes...yet again! After I awoke in fear that my own water would be inoperable, seeing as the delinquent status of my water bill (Which should be paid ASAP BTW). My boyfriends MIA, hopefully at work, and not frozen in the woods somewhere, though I AM starting to worry! And I think I'm going to learn to knit this year! Jamie's kindly offered to teach, and I need something to do with my hands besides hit refresh on my FB home page all day!

No comments:

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter